A message from the Delaware Tourism Office
- There are many ways that the travel industry can tap into federal assistance through the CARES Act. Here is the U.S. Travel Association’s guide to CARES Act eligibility.
Learn what different parts of the CARES Act mean for you and your business with:
Small Business Administration Business Interruption Loans
Small Business Administration Coronavirus Economic Injury Disaster Loans
Small Business Administration Express Loans
Emergency Stabilization Fund
Small Business Administration Debt Relief for New and Existing Loans
Economic Relief for Airports and Tourism and Delay on REAL ID Enforcement
Business Tax Provisions
- At 8 a.m. Monday, March 30, 2020, Governor John Carney’s seventh modification to the Delaware State of Emergency went into effect. This modification requires all out-of-state travelers to immediately self-quarantine for 14 days to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in Delaware. The travel restrictions that went into effect at 8 a.m. Monday, March 30 apply to those entering Delaware for a longer term visit.
The restrictions do not apply to the following:
– Out-of-state workers who commute into Delaware to work at a business deemed essential, although those workers are to work from home when possible and permitted by an employer.
– Delawareans commuting to an out-of-state employer.
– People who come into Delaware to shop, subject to other restrictions on essential and non-essential activities.
– Travelers who are passing through Delaware on their way elsewhere.
– Delawareans returning from out-of-state after being out-of-state to care for members of their family.
Read more here.
- Financial assistance is already being provided to small businesses through Delaware’s Hospitality Emergency Loan Program (HELP). Please remember to submit complete applications to email@example.com to receive assistance through HELP. Here are some helpful FAQs that will assist in completing the application.
- As the situation continues to evolve, please keep the Delaware Tourism Office informed of any changes or cancellations using this online form so we can monitor the situation and its impact on our industry.
- If you have ideas for deals or partnerships, we can assist in connecting you with fellow business owners! Please email Visit.Delaware@delaware.gov so we may help!
Thank you for your continued partnership,
The Delaware Tourism Office team